International Summer Course on Upper Sorbian/Wendish Language and Culture
Event location: Bautzen/Budyšin
The course is full, registrations are only possible in exceptional cases!
Period: 22.07.2022 – 06.08.2022
- Students of Slavic studies from Germany and abroad
- all those interested in learning Upper Sorbian/Upper Lusatian Wendish
- Upper Sorbian/Wendish language exercises for beginners and advanced learners (approx. 50 lessons of 45 minutes each; those interested in Lower Sorbian/Wendish will find up-to-date information on upcoming courses on the homepage of the School for Lower Sorbian Language and Culture)
- Lectures on Sorbian language, literature, history and culture
- Talks with Sorbian cultural representatives
- Visits to cultural institutions as well as excursions through Lusatia
Course fee, accommodation and meals:
Accommodation: Course participants are accommodated in the Sorbian boarding school of the WITAJ Language Center on Friedrich-List-Straße 8a in Bautzen/Budyšin mainly in double rooms. Classes are held in the rooms of the Sorbian Grammar/High School in the immediate vicinity.
Fee: The normal course fee is 600,00 €, for students 450,00 €. For participants from Slavic or Eastern European countries, a reduced participation fee of 300,00 € or 200,00 € (for students) applies. Prospective participants coming directly from Ukraine can receive additional support.
The course fee covers classes, lodging, meals and excursions.
The current plan is to allow anyone interested to participate regardless of vaccination or recovery status. If necessary, tests will be provided on site by the Sorbian Institute. However, in the event of a change in the legal situation or the relevant Saxon requirements, this regulation must be adapted to the respective valid regulations.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Fabian Kaulfürst.
Sorbian/Wendish Summer Course 2022
Serbski institut / Sorbisches Institut
Dwórnišćowa / Bahnhofstr. 6
D-02625 Budyšin / Bautzen